It’s time to take stock.
2019 was supposed to be a Makeup No Buy year. Makeup re-fills, toiletries and skincare not included.
But the Universe decided to play a cosmic joke to test my will power. We had multiple (wtf?) Sephora sales this year and 2 personal trips via Hong Kong and Dubai duty-free (Shoppers Paradise).
Sooo obviously No Buy turned to Low Buy.
But before I face up to my shame let me revel in my victory.
The last Sephora Sale of 2019 was in November……….
and I DID NOT BUY A THING! That 20% is just a trap to make me buy more sh*t I don’t need.
And honestly that 10% tax sucks the shine out of any Natasha Denona highlighter.
But let me tell you resisting the Charlotte Tilbury holiday 2019 palette is a true test of my will power!
I swatched it in store, ohmy.f.God! Stared and lusted for a full 20 mins, walked out without buying it and then stuffed my face with a muffin.
The emotional hole needed to be filled.
Anyway, I also didn’t buy a thing from the temple of Pat McGrath, even with 20% site wide sale. Nothing rocked my boat.
So how low was my Low Buy year?
Ulta is my makeup-crack dealer. It’s my personal Mecca of impluse purchase. And I already regret 7 out of the 11 items I bought. Some I only bought few days back!
Ulta Rehab, anyone?
- Wet n Wild blush in Just Peachy
- Elf Jelly Pop Flush Blush in Berry Pop
- Morphe mini highlighter in Spark – champagne gold
- Morphe mini bronzer in Debutante
- LA Girl Pro Concealer in Dark Cocoa (for a cream contour)
- LA Girl Glitter Magic lip colour in Ravishing
- Ulta Beauty Glitter Cream Eyeshadow in To The Max – formula sucks!
- NYX Suede Matte Lipstick in Cold Brew
- MAC Watermelon Fix+ mini
- Urban Decay All Nighter mini
- Benefit They’re Real Lash Primer mini
Total Cost $ 93 + 10% tax
Airport Dutyfree is another impulse purchase trigger.
Dutyfree is that oasis of calm between the stress of security check and the stress of sitting on a chair inside a flying cylinder surrounded by bodies and smells.
- Tom Ford Wet n Dry Quad in Body Heat
- Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter in No 5
- Shu Uemura Calligraphy Pen Waterproof in Black
- Tom Ford Eau de Parfum in Orchid Soleil
OK, but didn’t need to ‘buy’ it. This purchase was purely fueled by boredom off a layover in Dubai airport.
- Gucci Eau de Parfum in Bloom
- Dior 4 pack J’adore minis
- Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Tisse Cambon 228
Total Cost $ 540
And the big mummy of them all; THE Sephora Sale. How very wicked of Sephora to have so many sales this year!
- ABHxJackie Aina eyeshadow palette
- Hourglass mini blush in Luminous Flush
- Viseart eyeshadow palette in Dark Matte
- IT Cosmetics 3-in-1 Tightline Primer & Mascara in Black – really like this one! Perfect for those subtle, yet defined eye days!
- Natasha Denona Coral Eyeshadow palette
- Stila Waterproof Eyeliner pen in Blackest Black
Hmm, yea but not gonna re-purchase.
- Glow Recipe Watermelon Mist- MAC Fix+ is still my thang!
- IT Cosmectics CC Cream in Tan – ugh cake factory, sinking into lines I didn’t know I had. It doesn’t matter how I apply it and what I apply before it.
I am going back to my old faithful MAC Face and Body
Total Cost $ 311 (- 20% discount ) + 10% tax
Total Makeup Items purchased = 26
That’s a little more than 2 makeup items each month. Pretty disappointing for what I thought was gonna be a Low Buy.
BLACK FRIDAY 2019
Still didn’t buy a thing! Not even the Natasha Denona 1+1 offer ( what a steal!) or Huda Beauty’s amazing price drops.