With all the makeup that ‘YouTube made me buy’ YouTube beauty vloggers have also inspired me to do this. To hit pan.
Basically use up products till you see pan and to keep using till its a clean pan!
I know when I go about my hit pan project it will have an impact on my purchases. Basically I don’t buy till I use up a product. This translates to me buying less and for 2018 to end up as a low-buy year !
Starting March 2018, this is the makeup I must hit pan on and then completely use up;
- MAC Prep and Prime Lip Primer
- NYX HD Eyeshadow base ( sadly this does not help with glitter eyeshadows though!)
- Elf High Definition undereye setting powder
- Bobbi Brown sheer finish pressed powder in Warm Natural
- MAC Bronzing Powder
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer
- Lancome Grandiose Smudgeproof mascara (black)
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Calypso Coral
- Bobbi Brown Shimmer Blush in Pink Sugar
- Bobbi Brown single eyeshadow in Heather
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop highlighter (Powder & Liquid)
- Charlotte Tilbury Colour Chameleon cream eyeshadow in Dark Pearl
- Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Espresso
- L’oreal Infallible Paints Liquid Eyeliner Pen in Black Party 300
- Jordana Easy Liner for Lips in Rose Crush
- Maybelline 14 hr Super Stay Lipstick in Always Plum (matte)
- Maybelline Color Sensational in Untainted Spice (creme)
Below is a summary of how I propose to use some of the products. My intention is to use these products for both day and night looks so I can really make a dent in them and eventually, finish them.
Hit-Pan: Cheeks I am a bit worried. Both blushes are full size and barely have a dent in them! The creme blush Calypso Coral gives a nice natural flush on my NC 42 Indian skin tone and is perfect for daytime. And because I like a shine, I will put the Champagne pop liquid highlighter over it.
For the evening the shimmer powder blush is better. It is very pigmented and I have learn’t not to go heavy handed with it. If I do it will show up like clown cheeks. I am not sure about the shade, since I depotted it, but I think it is Pink Sugar. The shimmer is a nice one but I like to crank it up with the Champagne pop powder highlighter across the cheek bones.
And the look finished off with Benefit’s Hoola as a contour. I really love Hoola!
And….. I am not wowed by the Champagne pop, especially the powder. I bought it based on YouTube hype and wish I hadn’t. I mean how much does one need to buff this in ? I like a ‘wet-sheen’ look and not glitter, however fine or micro it might be.
Also can I be really weird and say I prefer Elf’s baked highlighter. The one that EVERYONE hates ? I scraped off the surface and use a hard brush like the Real Techniques contour brush. To me it delivers like the Hourglass ambient powders. 🙂
I am now going to put a dollar amount on to be aware of how much they cost and the savings made by using them up before buying more of the same. This I learn’t off an Aussie YouTuber who includes the cost in her project pans. I really liked the idea.
- Bobbi Brown : Shimmer Blush $30 + Pot Rouge $30
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Limited edition Mini from Sephora : $ 20
- Benefit Hoola mini : $15
Total Cost : $ 95+ 9.5% tax or savings!
Hit-Pan:Eyes I love my Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow pencil. My shade is Dark Pearl (for brown eyes). I wear it without a primer and line my lids. I love the sheen. It sets well and doesn’t crease.
I use the MAC bronzer on the rest of the lid and along the crease to tie the eye shadow with the rest of the lid. (I need to use this bronzer up. It’s massive and I have a small face.)
I add the Bobbi Brown Heather matte eyeshadow to add depth along the crease and brush it along the lower lid.(Heather was a big mistake. On my skin-tone I look bruised if I use it by itself, ie. without warming it up)
While the look is not dramatic it’s passable for a casual night out because the sheen the Color Chameleon eyeshadow gives off.
I complete the look with a lower lid liner, upper lid liner and mascara.
The eyes are a jackpot for me as far as the hit-pan project goes ! 6 items for one area ! Now for numbers
- L’oreal Infallibile Paints eyeliner Pen + Jordana eyeliner pencil = $ 14
- Bobbi Brown eyeshadow: $26
- Lancome Mascara: $32
- Charlotte Tilbury cream eyeshadow: $27
- Mac bronzer : $27
Total Cost(Savings) : $126 + 9.5% tax
Hit-Pan: Lips I was thissss close to buying a whole load of ‘nude’ lipsticks based on a YouTuber’s review when I thought ‘hang-on a min, I already have the nude(s) I need for my lips!’
I have 1 satin and 1 matte formula from Maybelline and I love them both, so why buy more ? And sometimes I top the matte off with the satin for added moisturisation. So kill two birds or …..hit two birds with one hit-pan stone.
The Jordana lip liner does a good job. I wear it with my nudes or by itself. Truth be told, I bought the wrong brand. It’s the Essence lipliners that EmilyNoel and/or Tati really like, not Jordana ! Oh well!
- Maybelline Colorsensational: $5
- Maybelline 14 hour Lipstick: $10
- Jordana Lip Liner: $3
Total Cost(Savings) : $18 + 9.5% tax
Items valued at $239 (+tax) is what I will save if I just focus on using up these perfectly good products. I will do an update in a months’ time to show progress.