My Skin- Normal to Dry/Dehydrated
The best way to end my day is my night time skincare routine. It’s like a mini pamper every night. I love it!
And on days I wear makeup I am dying to get my makeup off as soon as I am home. ( Bra and makeup, something about them. I want them both off!)
Let the games begin!
- Change into tshirt/nightie
- Tie hair, put on hair-band.
- Remove eye & lip makeup with Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip remover. This from the Body Shot is a constant re-purchase for me.
- Then I remove my makeup with the Shu Uemura Skin Purifying Cleansing Oil.
Massage face and around eyes for atleast 60 secs. Emulsify with water, massage and then rinse off . ( My Shu is nearly empty so I bought the Banila Co Clean it Zero . Banila aint blowing me away so far!)
- I then second cleanse with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, rinse off and pat dry.
Part 1 done
Part 2: It’s (s)TONER time ! Haha
I like to Acid (haha again) tone at night but do not have the ones I reeely want ie the Pixi Glow or Biologique Richerche P50 Balancing Exfoliators (and neither have I seen it anywhere in Hong Kong. )
It’s been a headache trying to get a good exfoliating toner locally.
I bought First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads from Sephora in Singapore. I really like them ! However for the night they might be a wee bit too gentle.
I have the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator (‘Brightening’ ) Toner . Love it! But should be used only 2 times a week. Too strong. So Goldilocks continued her search for an exfoliating toner that was just right!
Finding one with no alcohol is hard in Hong Kong ! I hunted, read labels, researched labels and finally found this one. The Nuxe White Brightening Moisturising Lotion.
It’s not WHITENING wont turn your WHITE!. It’s just exfoliating.
I have been using Nuxe for a bit but I don’t see the same clarity/glow that Clarins and FAB seem to offer. But I still have a long way to go, it’s a big bottle so we will see if I re-purchase or move onto others.
NB: too much exfoliation is not good, so use your own judgement. On some days you could swap an acid toner for just a hydrating one.
- After acid toning (and wait 3 mins) I move to serum.People will mist with a hydrating toner before the serum, but I dont. Because by now I am begining to get a bit tired.
- While waiting for the serum to sink in (3 mins) I put on my eye cream. ( I will put on a serum before an eye cream, but thats ONLY in the morning)
- Then moisturiser. I wait after this for around 10 mins.
- And then follow with a facial oil (every night over winters and sometimes in summer)
While I mess around with different serums and moisturisers my constants every night are Kate Sommerville Line Release Undereye Repair cream & Clarins Santal facial oil.
- End with lip balm. This is a MUST for me. Be it Vaseline, Chapstick, Mentholatum MaxiLip (my current FAV!) Lip balm, but balm I must !